Easy Cheese Baked Fish
I quite often bake my fish this way. Easy & simple, nothing fancy, but we like the result. I actually do not even measure the ingredients anymore and just throw it together, but these are the original measurements. Sometimes I add a little lemon juice or lemon pepper seasoning and top it all off with a sprinkling of parsley for a little colour.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fish fillet (I always use haddock)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced (I slice into rings and break them apart and in half if they are too big)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Place fish in a greased pan with dabs of butter on top.
- Season with salt& pepper to taste.
- (this is where I sprinkle on lemon juice or lemon pepper if using) Cover with sliced onion.
- Pour on milk.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and a little parsley if desired.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.