1/1 Photo of Sicilian Lemon Chicken With Raisin-Tomato Sauce
1 hr 25 mins
Seared lemon chicken breasts are complimented with a sweet and tangy sauce and served over angel hair pasta. A garnish of lemon zest, shaved Parmesan cheese, and a basil sprig lends this dish a professional look.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 1Soak the raisins in warm water until they plump, about 10 minutes.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Stir in the onion, garlic, pine nuts, and olives.
- 5Season with bay leaves, oregano, and cayenne.
- 6Cook until the onions have softened and begun to turn golden, about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper; cook for 5 more minutes.
- 8Add the raisins, balsamic vinegar, and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- 9Remove the bay leaves, and stir in the julienned basil. Cover and keep warm.
- 10Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 11Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 12While the pasta is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 13While the skillet is heating, toss the chicken with the lemon juice to coat (the lemon zest will be used later).
- 14Cook the chicken on both sides until golden brown and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- 15Transfer to a warm plate, and allow to rest for about five minutes.
- 16To serve, slice each chicken breast against the grain into thin slices.
- 17Divide the pasta into four wide, shallow bowls.
- 18Fan the chicken slices out over top of the pasta, and spoon the tomato sauce over them.
- 19Sprinkle with lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, and a sprig of basil to garnish.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Lemon Chicken With Raisin-Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 922.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.1 mg
- Sodium 484.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 59.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: