- 1 lb shrimp (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, rinsed, stems and strings removed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 3 tablespoons water
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp. Combine the sherry and soy sauce in a medium bowl and add shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the oil. Add ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the shrimp (reserving the marinade) and cook until light pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and snow peas and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the snow peas are bright green and crisp-tender. Add scallions and water chestnuts and stir-fry until just heated through.
- Add the reserved marinade and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens. Serve.