Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
We love these and make them a lot during the summer. Sneak in some sliced jalapeno peppers for your heat seekers.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 6 taco shells
- 709.77 ml shredded iceberg lettuce
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook shrimp in hot oil over medium heat, stirring frequently about 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Add in the chile powder and cumin.
- Stir and toss for about 10 seconds or until shrimp are well coated.
- Take pan off of burner and cover to keep shrimp warm.
- Heat the taco shells according to the package directions.
- For each taco: place 8-12 shrimp in a shell.
- Top with about 1/2 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 1-2 tablespoons tomatoes, 1-2 teaspoons onion, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Well NurseDi, you've done it once again..This recipe is deelish! I did make a couple of changes, but that is only because I didn't read the recipe and fully comprehend it, at first. :) I used large shrimp because that was all I had and cut them in half. Then instead of sauteeing them first and then putting the seasoning on them, I put the seasoning on and then sauteed them in olive oil (personal preference) and oh boy, they were wonderful. So that was a mistake that came out well. I squeezed a bit of fresh lime juice on the shrimp as they were cooking. And I used white corn tortillas that I softened over a pan on the stove. I also sliced up a avacado to go with the tomatoes and lettuce. Yum. All in all these were fantastic. What a refreshing dish! Hubby loved them so much there weren't any leftovers. So this will become a regular around here. Thanks so much NurseDi. All of your recipes are awesome. Hugs, Susie
I like to put the cheese on the taco and heat for a few seconds in the microwave. This was delicious.
So simple and yummy! We really enjoyed these shrimp tacos. Served in soft corn tortillas. Thanks for the recipe!