Baja Shrimp Tacos
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Just add a margarita...
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (try chipotle or ancho)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (35-40 count)
- 4 cups finely shredded coleslaw mix (or green and red cabbage)
- 1 cup prepared guacamole (homemade is best)
- 1 (10 ounce) taco-sized flour tortillas, warmed (8 per package size)
- In a small bowl, whisk together cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat broiler to high. In medium-size bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the marinade and the shrimp. In second medium-size bowl, combine remaining marinade and the cole slaw mix. Let both marinate for 10 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a broiler pan. Broil, 2 to 3 inches from heat, for 6 to 7 minutes, turning once. Note: Alternatively, shrimp may be cooked by grilling or pan sautéing.
- Spread a tortilla with about 2 tablespoons guacamole. Top with 4 or 5 shrimp and 1/4 cup slaw. Repeat with all ingredients.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION