I read somewhere that Americans seem to love any type of stuffed food. This recipe is poblano peppers stuffed with shrimp and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chihuahua cheese or 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1Cut the tops off the poblano peppers and reserve; remove seeds.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; season shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3Cook shrimp in the skillet for 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- 4Add garlic to skillet and cook 30 seconds, stirring to prevent browning.
- 5Sprinkle flour and cayenne in skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring.
- 6Whisk in half and half.
- 7Whisk in 1/2 cup of milk; cook 1 minute.
- 8Remove skillet from heat and add 1/4 teaspoon salt and cheese.
- 9Measure 1/3 of cheese mixture and place in a bowl; add red pepper, shrimp, cilantro, and lime juice; toss.
- 10Spoon about 6 tablespoons of shrimp mixture into each pepper; set aside.
- 11Stir 1/4 cup of milk into cheese still in skillet to thin out.
- 12Spoon 3 tablespoons thinned out cheese mixture onto each of 4 serving plates.
- 13Top with 2 stuffed peppers, with tops, on each plate.
- 14Serve warm or room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.0
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 216.3 mg
- Sodium 662.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers