Mexican Rice Stuffed Poblano Peppers
homemade mexican rice on top of poblano peppers with mexican cheeses.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 poblano peppers
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup mexican cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- Fry rice in a little olive oil until it is lightly browned. (3-5 minutes).
- add rotel (and juice), garlic, onion, cumn.
- fry one more minute and pour into sauce pan with the water and beans.
- boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- in the mean time, slice poblano peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Broil peppers for 3-5 minutes to begin roasting.
- Pile rice mix on top of poblano peppers and sprinkle with cheese.
- bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was confused about the water...4 cups seemed like a lot, and when I saw that it only had to cook for 15 minutes, I was really suspicious. Mine simmered for almost an hour, there was still a lot of liquid, and the rice was getting mushy. The flavors are all there, but I didn't like the texture and will add less water next time.1Reply
see 2 more