Stuffed Poblano Peppers
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 16 medium shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, divided (optional)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 4 poblano peppers, halved and seeds removed
- olive oil (for sautéeing)
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of taco seasoning (optional), salt and pepper on shrimp.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC degrees.
- Heat a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil and cook shrimp in a frying pan on both sides. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add some olive oil to the frying pan again and sauté onion, tomato, corn, and garlic until vegetables become soft. Season with 1/2 tsp of taco seasoning (optional), salt and pepper.
- Place halved peppers on an oven-proof shallow pan lined with aluminum foil and evenly stuff peppers with sautéed vegetables.
- Top with 2 shrimp on each pepper and then put cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese gets bubbly.
- Transfer to plates and sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.
- Infuse love and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!