Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for a luncheon menu. Best if allowed to refrigerate overnight.
Make and share this Shrimp Aspic recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 lbs cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add chili sauce and tomato juice.
- Chill until it begins to thicken (the consistency of egg whites).
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased ring mold or 2-quart casserole dish.
- Refrigerate until set or overnight.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Serve aspic with horseradish dressing on a bed of lettuce.