Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
A potato salad Serbian style. It is an oil and vinegar based salad rather than the creamy style more common in North America. Cooking time doesn't include the chilling time because it is up to you how long you want to chill it.
- 6 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a screw-top jar, add remainder of ingredients, cover with the lid and shake vigorously.
- Toss potatoes with dressing.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve at room temperature.