Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A potato salad Serbian style. It is an oil and vinegar based salad rather than the creamy style more common in North America. Cooking time doesn't include the chilling time because it is up to you how long you want to chill it.
- 6 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a screw-top jar, add remainder of ingredients, cover with the lid and shake vigorously.
- Toss potatoes with dressing.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve at room temperature.
Love it, a family must at all events, only we use green onions and no red peppers. Especially good at summer events asno ned to keep chilled. Nothing to spoil in the sun.
Delicious! A little added parsley makes it even better. A definite keeper.
Based on prior reviews, I made this a day in advance and left it to marinate a good 24 hours before bringing it to room temp and tasting. Yummy! The roasted pepper and sugar (which I had my doubts about) balance the onions beautifully.