Berliner Kartoffelsalat / Berliner Potato Salad
photo by Susie D
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 5 -6 baby dill pickles, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped
- 16 ounces mayonnaise (I often use the fat free kind)
- 6 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Make sure onion, pickles and apple are chopped the same size.
- Boil the whole potatoes with their skins on until tender about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from pot and let rest until cool enough to handle but still warm, then peel and dice into preferred size.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except potatoes.
- Put potatoes into a big bowl, pour"sauce" over them and stir together carefully (potatoes break apart easily while still warm).
- Cover bowl and let rest in fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight is even better).
- Taste test and add more pickle juice, salt, pepper, sugar or mayo if/as needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!