Not Your Momma's Potato Salad
photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 lb potato, yukon gold, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup Miracle Whip (you may use mayonnaise if preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, thick
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, maple
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup garlic chives (you could use 1/8 cup green onions if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons gouda cheese, shrredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place potatoes in large pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes until they are tender, drain and cool.
- In a large bowl combine the miracle whip, sour cream, mustard, chili powder and cayenne pepper, stir to blend then add the cooled potatoes and toss gently.
- Next you will add the bacon, red and yellow peppers, green onions and cheese, toss gently, cover and put in refrigerator to chill for about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve garnish your potato salad with the chives, cheese and chili powder.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Such a nice change from my traditional potato salad -- loved the chili powder/cayenne addition. I used mayo, coarse grain dijon and all red bell pepper as that is what I had on hand and prefer. Can't wait to serve this with my New Year's dinner of blackeyed peas, cabbage, bbq ribs and cornbread. Definitely a great way to celebrate a Southern beginning to a New Year. Made for the For Your Consideration tag game.
I did use Mayo and red and yellow peppers but aside from that just followed the recipe. I loved it and the bit of spice was a great addition. Really well rounded flavor that would compliment pretty much anything off the grill or an everyday burger. It's also easy to put together. This should please most potato salad fans, it sure did this one. :D
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.