Recipe by Barb G.
This is Divine. Seafood smothered in creamed sauce and layered with pasta--makes a great dish for company. This can be made in advance and frozen. Bake frozen covered 40 minutes then uncover and bake about another 40 minutes, until hot and bubbly. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker.
Top Review by mkorte33
My husband loved this dish and it cooked up very nicely. I used fresh shrimp as well as scallops in a layer and made the standard spinach/ricotta middle layer in order to get a bit of veggie and color. Delish!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8-ounces)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Cook garlic in butter about 1 minute, stirring, until golden brown.
- Stir in flour, cook stirring constantly,until bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and broth, heat to boiling, stirring constantly, Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in Mozzarella cheese, onions, capers, tarragon and lemon pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- In an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce (1 1/4 cups).
- Top with 3 UNCOOKED noodles.
- Spread cottage cheese over noodles.
- Repeat with 1/4 of the cheese sauce and 3 noodles.
- Top with crabmeat, shrimp and 1/4 of the cheese sauce, the remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.