Cottage Cheese Seafood Lasagna
Mmmm...creamy seafood lasagna with a rich white sauce. I sometimes add broccoli just to give some color (and sneak in those "Five A Day"). I think spinach or zucchini would also be a wonderful addition. YUMMY!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions or 1/2 cup regular onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles (9-10 noodles)
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat margarine in 3-quart saucepan over low heat until melted; add garlic.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Stir in milk and broth and heat to boiling, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in mozzarella, onions, basil, and oregano.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce (about 1 c.) in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with 3 or 4 uncooked noodles.
- Spread cottage cheese over noodles.
- Repeat with 1/4 of cheese sauce, then 3 or 4 noodles.
- Top with crabmeat, shrimp, 1/4 of cheese sauce, remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven until noodles are done, 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Used fresh shrimp, tilapia & crab that I cut up into small pieces and gently boiled for a short time with seafood spices in the water. Did not use the cottage cheese (my family preference) and crumbled the seafood on each layer. Turned out wonderfully and will definitely make again for a special occasion.2Reply
This is heaven in a dish! I used half cottage cheese and half ricotta, adding an egg, salt and freshly ground pepper, and parsley, then mixed together in my blender and poured in layers between the noodles. When baked it firmed up and was a delicious layer in with the seafood layers and cream sauce. We all LOVED this and it is now on my list to be made again for my niece's graduation party! Thanks Manda for this one!3Reply
see 11 more