1 hr 10 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is Divine. Seafood smothered in creamed sauce and layered with pasta--makes a great dish for company. This can be made in advance and frozen. Bake frozen covered 40 minutes then uncover and bake about another 40 minutes, until hot and bubbly. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8-ounces)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- 3Cook garlic in butter about 1 minute, stirring, until golden brown.
- 4Stir in flour, cook stirring constantly,until bubbly; remove from heat.
- 5Stir in milk and broth, heat to boiling, stirring constantly, Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 6Stir in Mozzarella cheese, onions, capers, tarragon and lemon pepper.
- 7Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- 8In an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce (1 1/4 cups).
- 9Top with 3 UNCOOKED noodles.
- 10Spread cottage cheese over noodles.
- 11Repeat with 1/4 of the cheese sauce and 3 noodles.
- 12Top with crabmeat, shrimp and 1/4 of the cheese sauce, the remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- 13Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 14Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 15Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 642.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: