Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is Divine. Seafood smothered in creamed sauce and layered with pasta--makes a great dish for company. This can be made in advance and frozen. Bake frozen covered 40 minutes then uncover and bake about another 40 minutes, until hot and bubbly. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8-ounces)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Cook garlic in butter about 1 minute, stirring, until golden brown.
- Stir in flour, cook stirring constantly,until bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and broth, heat to boiling, stirring constantly, Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in Mozzarella cheese, onions, capers, tarragon and lemon pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- In an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce (1 1/4 cups).
- Top with 3 UNCOOKED noodles.
- Spread cottage cheese over noodles.
- Repeat with 1/4 of the cheese sauce and 3 noodles.
- Top with crabmeat, shrimp and 1/4 of the cheese sauce, the remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
My husband loved this dish and it cooked up very nicely. I used fresh shrimp as well as scallops in a layer and made the standard spinach/ricotta middle layer in order to get a bit of veggie and color. Delish!
This is wonderful and quite a treat. I cut the recipe in half. I added 10 oz. of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed, 1/4 c sun dried tomatoes, Old Bay seasoning and I did put in the 1 c of cottage cheese. I didn't have lasagna noodles so I used 1 and 1/3 c small pasta, uncooked. Instead of canned shrimp, I used 1 Lb. of large shrimp uncooked, cut into 1/3s. I omitted the capers and tarragon. I cooked it in a 8x8 pan . It bubbled over some so next time I'll use a bigger pan. This is our new favoriate seafood recipe.
I added fresh shrimp and imitation crab meat to this, and also Old Bay Seasoning. I cooked it the night before and heated it up in the oven the next day. I got many requests for the recipe. I mixed the shrimp, crab, cottage cheese (to which I added a little grated parmesan cheese). I then layered with sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, etc.