Recipe by Suzanne S.
Yummy little recipe that capitalizes on fresh scallops. Delicious, simple and elegant.
Top Review by SharonChen
This is a solid recipe! I enjoyed every cooking step, but there's only one thing that I probably wouldn't do next time, which is to coat the scallops with flour. I found flour left a weird texture on the scallops and seasoning became a little difficult after searing scallops. I would recommend to season the scallops with salt and pepper first, sear directly without flour, then go through the butter lemon sauce steps.
- 1 lb sea scallops or 1 lb nantucket bay scallop
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Dust scallops with flour.
- Shake off and saute on each side until golden brown. Season with salt and
- pepper. Drain off excess oil and keep pan off heat. Drop in butter, parsley,
- capers and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Shake together. Serve at once.