Recipe by abraham r.
this is a good version of rice pudding that can be used for lunch or dinner as a side dish!
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups rice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth or 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable stock base
Directions See How It's Made
- Put spices and herbs in with the mashed potatoes & milk.
- Cook for 11 minutes in the microwave, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- At this time, add the broth or broth base.
- Add rice and cook for another 5 1/2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes to firm up.