Sweet Oven-Baked Risotto (Vegan)
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 200 g risotto rice (I used carnaroli)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or more if you like a sweeter rice pudding)
- 375 ml vanilla-flavored rice milk, warmed (or soy or oat or almond)
- 125 ml apple juice (unsweetened)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
add-ins of your choice
- carob powder, chocolate chips, fresh fruit etc
- In an oven-proof, greased (or non-stick) casserole dish combine rice and sugar. Pour over applejuice. Dissolve spices in warm milk and pour this over the rice, too.
- Cover pan with aluminium foil and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 25 minutes.
- After the rice has baked for 25 minutes, remove from the oven, uncover and add add-ins of choice. Bake (uncovered) for another 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!