Recipe by Rise`
Just a different way to cook broccoli (and to me, anything that is spicy or has garlic is good)!
Top Review by Derf
Made this for supper tonight with our red snapper, they went well together. It was very good and we will have it again, often. I cut the recipe in half and only used 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and left the garlic as 4 cloves (we love garlic), very tasty, thanks for sharing a good one!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (light is best)
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs broccoli
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Boil in salted water for about 5 to 7 minutes (broccoli should just start to soften).
- Rinse under COLD water (to stop the cooking).
- Dry to remove any excess water.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot.
- Add the garlic and pepper flakes.
- Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and "some" of the broth. (I say "some" as you don't want it soaking in it, you just want it to help steam and add flavor)
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on the way you like your broccoli, tender or crisp) stirring the entire time. Season lightly with table salt.
- As everyone has their own tastes, increase or decrease the garlic and or pepper flakes as desired.