Recipe by princess buttercup
Pasta with smoked sausage simmered in tomatoes and bell peppers. Yum!
Top Review by taginalawn
Excellent! Easy to make, had great taste, I added small slices of yellow squash to it also and 2 kinds of sausage, it smelled so good, no one wanted to wait till it was done.~ thankyou
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in serving sizes
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and peppers in oil.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add sausage and simmer covered about 20 minutes.
- While sausage and tomatoes are simmering, cook penne according to package directions.
- Add basil, parsley and penne to sausage mix and toss to combine.