1/2 Photos of Santa Fe Chicken With Saffron Rice
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is an easy and delicious recipe. The saffron rice really makes it special. It is also a very healthy meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) package saffron rice mix or 1 (5 ounce) package yellow rice (Mahatma brand)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- 2Put chicken and onion into the casserole.
- 3Sprinkle with worcestershire, lime and garlic.
- 4Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 5Cut up the stewed tomatoes; add to casserole with rest of ingredients except cheese.
- 6Mix, then cover tightly.
- 7Continue to bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until rice is done.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let sit on top of stove until cheese melts.
- 9Top with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Chicken With Saffron Rice
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 445.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
saffron rice mix