Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy and delicious recipe. The saffron rice really makes it special. It is also a very healthy meal.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) package saffron rice mix or 1 (5 ounce) package yellow rice (Mahatma brand)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Put chicken and onion into the casserole.
- Sprinkle with worcestershire, lime and garlic.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Cut up the stewed tomatoes; add to casserole with rest of ingredients except cheese.
- Mix, then cover tightly.
- Continue to bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until rice is done.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let sit on top of stove until cheese melts.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.