Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of those dishes that takes about 15 minutes to prepare from beginning to end. Elegant, light flavor and beautiful color.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, julienned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Saute onion in olive oil until caramelized.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add sliced salmon and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pepper, stir and check if you need to add salt. It will depend in the kind of broth you use.
- Stir in spinach. Turn of the heat. Serve.
- After you serve you can sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and a home made big crouton. (slice of bread sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with a touch of garlic powder).
I added carrots, celery, fresh green beans, cilantro, and scallions to this recipe and it was delish. I also used veggie broth instead of the chicken because I don't eat meat aside from fish .. made for a delish soup!
Great simple soup - I used marinated salmon as that's what I had, 1 litre of broth, and 1/2 ts cayenne. Made for a lovely light dinner! Thank you MsPia!
Delicious and easy! Even my 6 and 3 year old ate some. I will reduce cayenne next time due to their tastes- a keeper!