Prep 10 mins
Cook 34 mins
From Cuisine at Home. This was so easy to make and on the table in no time. Great with a splash of lemon. I serve it with steamed broccoli and baked sweet potatoes.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Sriracha preferred)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh salmon, skinless, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Process the first 9 ingredients in a food processor until the vegetables are minced.
- Combine the salmon with the vegetable mixture, then form it into 8 cakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet using a 1/3-cup measure. Lightly press into 1-inch thick patties, cover, and chill for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high. Add cakes and fry for 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer pan to the oven and cook cakes through, 2-4 minutes.
- Serving size: 2 cakes. 292 cal, 45% from fat; 15g total fat; 13g carb; 645mg sodium; 1g fiber; 26g protein.
Very easy and tasty. I had some ground salmon and was looking for a recipe that didn't have any mayo in it I will make these again!