1/1 Photo of Salmon Cakes
From Cuisine at Home. This was so easy to make and on the table in no time. Great with a splash of lemon. I serve it with steamed broccoli and baked sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Sriracha preferred)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh salmon, skinless, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Process the first 9 ingredients in a food processor until the vegetables are minced.
- 2Combine the salmon with the vegetable mixture, then form it into 8 cakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet using a 1/3-cup measure. Lightly press into 1-inch thick patties, cover, and chill for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3Heat the oil in an ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high. Add cakes and fry for 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer pan to the oven and cook cakes through, 2-4 minutes.
- 4Serving size: 2 cakes. 292 cal, 45% from fat; 15g total fat; 13g carb; 645mg sodium; 1g fiber; 26g protein.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 827.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g