Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe goes over well at potlucks. Soaking the kidney beans in vinegar adds a zip to the taste. The salad is best if chilled for at least 4 hours before serving
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups salad dressing
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Drain kidney beans and place in a small bowl, cover with vinegar and let set for 1 hour, drain.
- Cook rotini and drain.
- In large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients.
- Combine salad dressing, half and half, sugar and mustard, mixing well.
- Pour over rotini mixture, mixing lightly.
- Chill before serving.