Prep 3 hrs
Cook 50 mins
A hearty, healthy, prize-winning bread recipe from the Robin Hood Flour company. Prep time is approximate and includes the raising time. Cook time is approximate baking time in bread machine.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 5 tablespoons margarine or 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons gluten
- Add first nine ingredients plus gluten to machine in order.
- Select White or Whole Wheat, Regular or Rapid Cycle.
- Add raisins to the dough after the first rising.
What a great bread!!! My son doesn't like raisin so I subs with chopped walnuts and I did cut down the cinnamon to 1/4 tsp.I shaped it and baked it in the oven.I wish my camera was back from the shop;it's a beauty! Thanks for sharing Molly. Happy cooking! Sage
Simply delicious! I added 1 c. raisins. I only used the dough setting on my bread machine. Then, I baked the bread for 35 min. at 375 deg. It turned out great!
Excellent bread that was very easy to polish off hot LOL. Don't expect this to last long.