This is so good it amazed everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup oil
Dried Cherry Compote
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms or 1/2 cup portabella mushroom
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 1 cup merlot
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup michigan dried cherries or 1 cup other dried cherries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1For Pork, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Trim fat and silver skin from tenderloins.
- 3Mix chili powder, mustard powder, rosemary, and salt.
- 4Stir garlic into oil.
- 5Add oil mixture to dry ingredients to make a paste.
- 6Rub paste over tenderloins, cover and let marinate in refrigerator for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Place tenderloin in roasting pan and roast until medium or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees in thickest part of meat, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8For Dried Cherry Compote, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in skillet and add onions and mushrooms.
- 9Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 10Add beef broth, orange zest, and wines.
- 11Bring to boil and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- 12Add the dried cherries, orange juice, and thyme and continue cooking until the sauce becomes syrupy.
- 13Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 14Bring back to a boil just before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Dried Cherry Compote
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.1
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 170.2 mg
- Sodium 799.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 49.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: