Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so good it amazed everyone.
Make and share this Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Dried Cherry Compote recipe from Food.com.
Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Dried Cherry Compote
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms or 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 1 cup merlot
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup michigan dried cherries or 1 cup other dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- For Pork, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim fat and silver skin from tenderloins.
- Mix chili powder, mustard powder, rosemary, and salt.
- Stir garlic into oil.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients to make a paste.
- Rub paste over tenderloins, cover and let marinate in refrigerator for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Place tenderloin in roasting pan and roast until medium or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees in thickest part of meat, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- For Dried Cherry Compote, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in skillet and add onions and mushrooms.
- Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth, orange zest, and wines.
- Bring to boil and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the dried cherries, orange juice, and thyme and continue cooking until the sauce becomes syrupy.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Bring back to a boil just before serving.
I did enjoy the taste of this, but I think next time I will switch the amount of chili powder and mustard powder; I would have rather have had a more "mustardy" flavor with the sweetness of the cherries. Overall, quite nice. I served this with #82867 Garlic Asiago Mashed Potatoes.