Recipe by NewEnglandCook
This recipe gets huge raves from all my friends and family. It is a fresh salsa or Pico de gallo with roasted corn and chipotle. It is very fresh and easy to make. Great as a dip for tortilla chips or as a side dish served with grilled meats. Recipe make about 5-6 cups.
- 4 ears roasted corn kernels
- 3 lbs roma tomatoes or 3 lbs plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large white onions or 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo
- chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill or roast corn on the cob until black char marks are visible. Some burn is good.
- Remove from grill. Cool. Cut kernels off and separate.
- Put kernels in a large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes and onion. Add to bowl.
- Mince garlic. Add to bowl.
- Squeeze the fresh limes and add juice to bowl mixture.
- Add chipotle adobo mixture. Add more or less to suite taste.
- Chop cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Correct seasoning- Note the right amount of salt makes this dish sing!
- Can be eaten immediately be is better after a few hours after the flavors meld and develop.