Recipe by Charlotte J
What do you do with that last cup of coffee in the coffee pot? Use it to make this roast for dinner.
Top Review by Evie*
Delicious! The aroma while this was cooking made our mouths water. We enjoyed a lovely roast dinner with a very tasty gravy to boot! So easy to make, the herbs and the coffee added gave the gravy a unique flavour. Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) beef round roast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown roast on all sides in a Dutch oven.
- Add onion and cook until transparent.
- Add coffee, 3/4 cup water, bouillon, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water in a bowl stir as you add some of the liquid from the pan.
- Now pour this mixture into pan; cook and stir until thick.
- Slice and serve.