Not Yo Mama's Crock Pot Roast Beef
Combination of a braised Whole30-friendly roast and a crock pot recipe cuz I like things easy.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs grass fed boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips width-wise
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 thickly sliced onion
- Cut slits in the roast and insert garlic and tomatoes into each. I found this went faster when I made larger slits and stuffed in a bunch or used the fat marbling and got up under it like getting spices under chicken skin. Whatever works, but prepare both sides of the meat this way.
- Rub the roast in salt and pepper.
- Arrange the onion slices in the bottom of the crock pot and put the roast on top.
- Mix water and juice and pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or until very tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION