Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups raw rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, washed and stems removed
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Butter a baking dish with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter and put the tomatoes in it.
- Melt the remaining butter and pour it over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the broth or water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Do not stir or even open the pot during these 15 minutes.
- Pack rice into a ring mold and turn out of the mold onto a platter.
- Fill the center with the baked tomatoes and pour the sauce from the tomatoes over the rice.
Sweet!!!! I used small tomatoes which I quartered. I used a fraction of the sugar. They were sweet to start.