Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not sure where I ran across this recipe but I'm sure I tweaked it to fit my own taste. My family loves it and I hope that yours will like it also.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or 1 bouillon cube, dissolved in boiling water
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced small bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- fresh hot red pepper
- bay leaf
- *If you care for your rice dish a bit moister, add 1/4 cup more liquid at start.
- In a large saucepan melt butter on low fire.
- Add onion and bell pepper and saute until limp.
- Add to pan along with the garlic, parsley, rice, salt, pepper and bay leaf, the liquid.
- Cook on high until just boiling; stir.
- Carefully pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 20 minutes until done.
- Stir once while in oven.