Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nothing matches muffins with coffee or a cup of tea. Making muffins with Rhubarb is a great way for me to get my family to eat it. This particular recipe is from a book called "Muffin Magic" by Diana Linfoot.
- Preheat the oven and grease the muffin pans.
- Thoroughly blend all the wet ingredients together, adding the rhubarb last.
- Fold in the previously combined dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- The desired mixture may look lumpy but as long as the dry ingredients are incorporated then the mixing of the wet and dry ingredients is completed.
- Place the mixture in the muffin pans, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 200 degree C for 25 minutes.
Yummy muffins!! I used sour cream in these and baked them at 350* for 23 minutes. The rhubarb is really tasty here, not too sour, lends a teriffic sweet-tart like taste. We had the muffins for an evening snack with hot chocolate. Very enjoyable!! Thanks ChrissyO, I will put this in my keepers file!
I love rhubarb but these left a lot to be desired. Too heavy and not any flavor until you hit a piece of the rhubarb. If you want to try this, be sure you chop the rhubarb small and distribute evenly. I don't think I will try this again.
Very good! If you like super sweet dessert muffins, these are not it. To make it a little more health-conscious, I subbed apple butter for the oil, and used a combination of whole wheat flour and rolled oats (add 4 tsp of baking powder). I also swapped brown sugar for the white. I will make more of these with my bumper crop of rhubarb. Thanks!