Recipe by Chrissyo
Nothing matches muffins with coffee or a cup of tea. Making muffins with Rhubarb is a great way for me to get my family to eat it. This particular recipe is from a book called "Muffin Magic" by Diana Linfoot.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Yummy muffins!! I used sour cream in these and baked them at 350* for 23 minutes. The rhubarb is really tasty here, not too sour, lends a teriffic sweet-tart like taste. We had the muffins for an evening snack with hot chocolate. Very enjoyable!! Thanks ChrissyO, I will put this in my keepers file!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, for sprinkling on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven and grease the muffin pans.
- Thoroughly blend all the wet ingredients together, adding the rhubarb last.
- Fold in the previously combined dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- The desired mixture may look lumpy but as long as the dry ingredients are incorporated then the mixing of the wet and dry ingredients is completed.
- Place the mixture in the muffin pans, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 200 degree C for 25 minutes.