Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Paul Prudhome recipe. -- This recipe was originally posted by a former Zaar member.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish
- 1⁄4 lemon, seeded
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- With motor running in food processor or blender, add ingredients one at a time until well mixed and lemon rind is finely chopped.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
excellent sauce with Shrimp Burgers.I did take out the creole mustard though
Wow! I, who always cry for more flavor, found this sauce VERY flavorsome indeed. I made it to the letter, and I'll tell you, a little goes a long way. Will only get better over few days in the fridge. I only gave 4 stars, because I felt the horseradish pushed itself through more than it should have. I would use a little less, next time, I think. What a whimp I am, after all!
Oh man this this is delicious! I made this to serve as a dipping sauce for Crab Cakes (#8696) to take to a work function, and it was a huge hit. It's great for dipping, and it's good mixed with mayonaise for a spicy kick to a sandwhich. The list of ingredients is a little strange and intimidating (actually, I just realized I left out the bay leaf), but don't let that put you off - this stuff is awesome.