Recipe by Big D Texas
The recipe for this came from a close friend of ours and we make it a LOT simply because we cannot find one that we like more. I posted it here exactly as the original recipe was written.I have asked her for the recipe at LEAST a dozen times, and now that it is out on the site I will be able to find it! The type of "leaf" does not matter. I usually make it with fresh spinach.......using a 16 oz bag. You can also sub chopped macademia nuts, for the sesame seeds. Some times I throw in some crumbled Feta cheese too! The oranges really make it look pretty!
- 1 lb spinach (or head of red tipped leaf lettuce)
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I omit this salt)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt (I just use this salt)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (11 ounce) canchilled mandarin oranges
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing, mix salad oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and mustard in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Pour dressing, seeds and fruit over the lettuce and/or spinach just before serving and toss it all to combine. Do not put the dressing on the salad until just before you serve it because it will wilt!
- IMPORTANT NOTE: ALTHOUGH the original recipe here calls for both celery salt AND regular salt, it is too much. Unless you really like salt, just use the celery salt amount!