Mexican Tostada Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (340 g) package yves veggie ground round (precooked soy protein mixture)
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 5 cups lettuce, shredded
- 10 tostadas
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup old cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes or 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add chili powder and coriander; fry until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Add soy protein mixture and tomato juice, breaking up with a spoon. Cook until very thick, about 5 minutes.
- Place small handfuls of lettuce on each of 5 plates or shallow bowls. Top each with 1 tostada, another handful of the remaining lettuce, 1/4 cup of the soy protein mixture, then some each of the salsa, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and green onions. Repeat layers once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.