Lemon Orzo Spinach Salad
Fell in love with the Lemon Orzo at Fresh Market, unfortunately there is not one nearby - so I set off on this mission to replicate it. Turned out pretty nicely if I do say so - could use some tweaking still...BUT a great salad none the less.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon better than bullion chicken stock
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary (3 sprigs)
- 8 tablespoons extra light olive oil (prefer the Canola) or 8 tablespoons canola oil (prefer the Canola)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon true lemon (granulated lemon, 6 packets)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1. Bring six cups of water and chicken stock to a boil.
- Cook Orzo for 7 minutes (al dente).
- Drain pasta and stir in the colander to release moisture and heat for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix/incorporate fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, parsley), oil, soy, salt, granulated lemon, and salt.
- Add the cooked orzo (should still be quite warm) and stir until orzo is coated evenly.
- While the orzo is still warm add spinach and pine nuts.
- salt to taste.
- Add tomatoes if you like.