Red Lettuce Salad
photo by CHEFDLH
- Ready In:
- Pat the lettuce dry with clean paper towels or spin the rinsed pieces in the salad spinner until dry.
- Put the clean, dry,torn lettuce in a large glass salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the chopped cucumber, sliced black olives, sliced cherry tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese over the lettuce pieces.
- Do not toss yet.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving toss the salad with the dressing and serve chilled.
- As an added touch chill your salad bowls in the freezer so they will be well chilled for a more special presentation.
- Enjoy !
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this salad. At first I was thinking there would be not enough cucumber and tomatoes but when it was tossed it was perfect proportions. The parmesan (use good quality) makes it taste terrific and the Red leaf lettuce was pretty and delicious. I used homemade red wine viniagrette using recipe#247431 and it was super in this. I will make this again. LOVED IT! So fresh and tasty. Thanks for posting CHEF RZ Fan! Made for Healthy Choices tag game January 2012. Enjoy! ChefDLH!