Recipe by grapefruit
I got this from one of my Australian Womens Weekly recipe books.
Top Review by Rosabela
I made this last week and opened a jar this morning for breakfast. It turned out beautiful. It tastes delicious and it gelled up just as the recipe said. After the jar had sealed and cooled, I placed it in the refrigerator which must have helped gel a little more. My family really loved this jam. This recipe is going into my Keeper File. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium heavy based pan. allow to stand for 10 minutes
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir gently over low to medium heat until all the sugar dissolves.
- Bring slowly to the boil, reduce heat and simmer on low to medium heat for 35 minutes or until jam gels when tested.
- Remove jam from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
- Set aside for 2 minutes then ladle hot mixture into sterilized jars. seal immediately.
- Store in cool, dark place. Refrigerate after opening.