Grilled Vegetable Salad With Oregano Dressing
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 400 g pumpkin
- 3 zucchini
- 2 red capsicums (red peppers)
- 2 yellow peppers (yellow peppers)
- 12 green onions, trimmed
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- For Oregano Dressing - Place all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well to combine, set aside.
- For Vegetables - Peel and thickly slice pumpkin; quarter zucchini length ways; thickly slice both types of peppers (capsicum).
- Brush vegetables with half the oregano dressing and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cook vegetables on heated barbecue grill (medium heat), turning until just tender and with slight char lines. (vegetables can be cooked in batches if your barbecue is small).
- Arrange vegetables on serving platter and sprinkle with crumbled feta, capers and pine nuts (if using). Drizzle over remaining dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful recipe ... the pumpkin is a little unusual -- it tends to be a fall vegetable here in the US, but it adds a carmelized sweetness to the grilled vegetables that is refrehsing and a surprise. Clearly, the veggies can be altered to fit whatever your garden or grocery store has available. I added some corn on the cob, then shucked the kernels free. The dressing is simple to make and also adds another, mild layer of flavor. Definitely a keeper, thanks, Sarah!, for posting.