Brandied Blue Cheese & Dates on Crackers
- Ready In:
25 Cracker Appys
- 5 ounces blue cheese (may use the other British variety of Stilton)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 4 dates (pitted)
- 25 water crackers
- fresh parsley sprig (to garnish, or use dry parsley flakes)
- Beat cheeses, brandy & chives in a sml bowl w/an electric mixer till well-combined.
- Slice dates into very fine strips.
- Just b4 serving, spread or pipe cheese mixture onto crackers & top w/date strips & parsley.
- NOTE: Cheese mix can be prepared 2 dys ahead of need, covered & stored in refrigerator.
Join The Conversation
Excellent recipe Twissis!! So easy to make and a tasty combination. This would be perfect for any party but especially one with some good red wine. I adore dates and my only personal preference would be to use great big chunks of date on the crackers, not as pretty but more of the sweet taste with the tangy cheese for me. I might try adding just a bit more brandy next time, it didn't stand out to me and I would like that too. It was very nice that the cheese mixture and dates sliced ahead of time and then assembled at the last minute. This one is a keeper and will be used again! Thanks for posting.