Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The title says it all... Real Simple and Real GOOD!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces hot turkey kielbasa
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 14 1⁄2 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 12 saffron threads
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, shelled and devained
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, saffron, and rice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir the shrimp and peas into the rice, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
Simple to prepare and delicious. Made for Pick A Chef Safari Event. :)
I adapted the contents of the dish a little, but the method worked perfectly, and was delicious. I'll definitely make this again!