My dear friend Raye made this last year at our Annual Memorial Day Weekend gathering and I fell in love with it. I have made it since and gotten rave reviews. This recipe doubles easily. I like it even better the second day when the dressing has had a chance to absorb into the rice and veggies. I leave the olives out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked rice, still hot
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle Bernsteins cheese fantastico salad dressing, plus more to taste
- 1/2 green bell pepper, julienned and then cut into 1/3 's
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned and then cut into 1/3 's
- 3 green onions, diced finely
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) can black olives, diced finely
- 1/2 cup currants
- 5 ounces peas, blanched for 3 minutes
- flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1Pour 1/2 of a bottle of dressing over the hot rice and set aside to cool while you prep the vegetables.
- 2Break up rice with your hands and mix in the prepped vegetables. Add remainder of first bottle of dressing.
- 3Let sit until at room temperature. Add more dressing as needed so rice salad is moist not too dry.
- 4It may be served at room temperature or cold.
- 5Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rayes Awesome Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bernsteins cheese fantastico salad dressing