Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My dear friend Raye made this last year at our Annual Memorial Day Weekend gathering and I fell in love with it. I have made it since and gotten rave reviews. This recipe doubles easily. I like it even better the second day when the dressing has had a chance to absorb into the rice and veggies. I leave the olives out.
- 4 cups cooked rice, still hot
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle Bernsteins cheese fantastico salad dressing, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, julienned and then cut into 1/3 's
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned and then cut into 1/3 's
- 3 green onions, diced finely
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced finely
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) can black olives, diced finely
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 5 ounces peas, blanched for 3 minutes
- flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Pour 1/2 of a bottle of dressing over the hot rice and set aside to cool while you prep the vegetables.
- Break up rice with your hands and mix in the prepped vegetables. Add remainder of first bottle of dressing.
- Let sit until at room temperature. Add more dressing as needed so rice salad is moist not too dry.
- It may be served at room temperature or cold.
- Store in the refrigerator.