Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a Slow Cooker book. It is very filling and the kids just love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli, refrigerated
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add next 14 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, drain and add to soup.
This dish had a great flavor. I have a hard time calling it a soup though. It seemed more like raviolis in a spaghetti-like sauce. Still, it tasted very good.