Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick & easy sauce has a sweet-tart taste! Its perfect over ice cream, regular or frozen yogurt or fresh fruit such as strawberries or sliced peaches.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or previously frozen, unsweetened)
- Combine rhubarb, water, sugar& rind in a saucepan& bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat& simmer until rhubarb is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in remaining ingredients& let cool.
This was great! I love Raspberries, so I always look for recipes to add them to. This was so easy & a great flavor combo!
I really wish there was a TEN star rating available for recipes that are the QUINTESSCENT of star-dom, because THIS recipe deserves 10 stars!!! * * * * * * * * * (there...10 asterisks will have to do!) I made this up in no time using frozen 'barb AND 'berries (cleaning out the freezer in anticipation of the fresh crops coming). I made the recipe as is EXCEPT I didn't have lemon zest, but used orange instead. Had a few nibbles straight from the saucepan! Ohmygosh!!! Wow. Poured some into a parfait glass, too....how pretty! The crowning glory, though, was using it as the base flavor for a shake.....Seriously Delicious! I've been ORDERED to save this in the KEEPER file and make it again. Soon. *My Three Chefs 08 - Ruh! Ruh! Rhubarb! *