Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
photo by DuChick
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, water, sugar, lemon peel and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook, uncovered over medium heat until rhubarb is soft (about 10- 15 minutes) Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Add food colouring if desired.
- Cool and serve over cake, ice cream, waffles, pancakes, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This sauce rates pretty high from the rhubarb lovers in my family..my DH and DS. They really like the addition of lemon which gave it a zingy edge. Both of them thought it needed more sweetness tho, so I added about 1/4 cup more. They are used to Grandma's rhubarb sauce which is never short of sweet! Thanks BrendaM for a unique recipe!