Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From KraftFoods.com Not only healthy, but really tastes great. Very good toasted with butter.
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal, Divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted, divided
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F.
- Mix 1 ½ cups of Raisin Brand, Milk, 2 tablespoons of the Margarine in bowl.
- Add Egg and ¾ cup Sugar, mix well.
- Stir in Flour, Baking Powder and Cinnamon.
- Mix till well blended.
- Put in sprayed 9X5 loaf pan.
- Mix remaining ½ cup of cereal, 2 tablespoons Margarine and 1 Tablespoon Sugar.
- When well blended sprinkle over batter and press into the batter.
- Bake 50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Very good breakfast bread, goes well with cream cheese! I used Post's Cranberry and Almond cereal instead of Raisin Bran and it worked very well. I loved the crunchy topping.
I added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg as well as the cinnamon. This is a keeper. Thanks, Carole in Orlando