1/2 Photos of Quick Shrimp Bisque
This is modified from a Bon Appetit recipe from some years back. It is a wonderful first course, especially for those that like shrimp. The cayenne adds a nice "kick" to it as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white rice (not instant)
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicier)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1Melt butter in pan.
- 2Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add broth and rice and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low.
- 5Cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Mix in most of shrimp (reserve 6 for garnish).
- 7Cover and simmer until shrimp is heated through (1-2 minutes).
- 8Puree soup with shrimp in blender or in pan with hand blender (much easier) Return soup to pan.
- 9Whisk in tomato paste, cayenne pepper and tarragon.
- 10Gradually whisk in half/half.
- 11Bring soup to simmer.
- 12Garnish with reserved shrimp.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 156.0 mg
- Sodium 1039.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 18.3 g