Recipe by mandabears
Tweeked Eagle Brand Maple Cheesecake recipe using gingersnap cookies and baking them in a muffin pan, worked out well, was a definite hit at the old Labor day picnic
- 3 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese or 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, i always use philadelphia brand,softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk, i always use eagle brand low fat
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, not pancake syrup,use the real thing
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or instead of cinnamon and nutmeg, use 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 24 gingersnap cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners and place 1 gingersnap in each cup.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until mixture is smooth.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- I served with whipped cream that was lightly dusted with ground cinnamon.