1/3 Photos of Prawns/Shrimp in Creamy Mustard Sauce
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
Oh yum! "Creative Family Favourites", Frances Cleary
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 55 g butter or 55 g margarine
- 900 g raw prawns or 900 g shrimp, peeled and deveined or 900 g cooked peeled prawns
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, cut in small diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1Melt half the butter or margarine in a frying pan over a high heat.
- 2Add raw prawns if using, and cook until they turn pink and opaque, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Melt the remaining butter or margarine in the frying pan. Add the onion and spring onions, and cook until softened, 3 - 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Stir in the lemon juice and wine. Bring to the boil, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to mix in the cooking juices.
- 5Add the cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, 3 - 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the mustard.
- 6Return the fried prawns to the pan and reheat briefly. Add cooked prawns at this stage and heat through, about two minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawns/Shrimp in Creamy Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.0
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 353.6 mg
- Sodium 1472.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 32.1 g