Oh yum! "Creative Family Favourites", Frances Cleary
Make and share this Prawns/Shrimp in Creamy Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 55 g butter or 55 g margarine
- 900 g raw prawns or 900 g shrimp, peeled and deveined or 900 g cooked peeled prawns
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, cut in small diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
- Melt half the butter or margarine in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Add raw prawns if using, and cook until they turn pink and opaque, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter or margarine in the frying pan. Add the onion and spring onions, and cook until softened, 3 - 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the lemon juice and wine. Bring to the boil, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to mix in the cooking juices.
- Add the cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, 3 - 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the mustard.
- Return the fried prawns to the pan and reheat briefly. Add cooked prawns at this stage and heat through, about two minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve over rice.