Stir-Fry Prawns / Shrimps With Vegetables and Fresh Thai Noodles
- Ready In:
For the Wok
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 spring onions or 2 green onions, diced
- 1 large red capsicums or 1 large red pepper, julienne
- 200 g snow peas or 200 g mange-touts peas, stems removed and halved
- 1 carrot, julienne
Prawns or Shrimp
- 900 g raw prawns or 900 g raw shrimp, shelled and divined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 700 g noodles (fresh Thai flat noodles) or 700 g hokkien noodles (Fresh)
The Last Bit
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves or 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, fresh
- 100 g roasted cashews
- Heat Wok, add tablespoon peanut oil, allow the oil to heat.
- Add the 'The Vegetables' (Spring onions, red capsicum, snow peas, and carrot) in the wok and stir-fry for four mins, remove to separate bowl. Note: Cook vegetables until your preferred texture, it you like them crisp cook them for 4 mins if you like them soft cook them longer.
- Add the prawns in wok and stir-fry until they are covered with oil.
- Add 'The Sauces' (Sesame oil, lime juice, ketjap manis and sweet chilli sauce) into the wok, stir fry until bubbles and the prawns are pink or no longer transparent, reduce heat.
- Add noodles until they are separated.
- Add mint and coriander, then mix in the vegetables and cook until they are warm.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with roasted cashews.
Join The Conversation
Made for ZWT4 Asian Challenge â€“ Hot and Steamed. Used combination steam method, So my trusty double boiler, for melting chocolate tried out as a steamer, since I donâ€™t have a regular steamer. Loved the chili, lime and tomato taste,. Added, ginger, garlic, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, carrots, red pepper, snap peas, shiitake mushrooms and yellow onions. Served with steamed rice, since fresh thai noodles is not available here. Absolutely wonderful dish.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not around.. If you have tried my recipes and given them a review and photo.. Thank you... If your after a freebie with one of my photos or recipes to make a publication with it and use it as your own. Please don't ask, the answer is no! If you take them, then your stealing... Stealing is bad and against the law.